Coordinator: Prof. Bindu Sharma
Home Science department was established in 2004-05. Home science is an interdisciplinary subject involving the study of Foods and Nutrition, Human Development. Each of these aspects is also multidisciplinary in dealing with the Art and Science of living. Therefore, during the study of Home Science, strong emphasis is placed on the individual, the family and the community as whole. Consequently, considering the importance that Home Science places on Human Development across the life span, the following programmes of study are offered by the Department of Home Science.
The department is currently offering the following programmes of study :
|Programme Name||Download New/ Revised Syllabus|
|M.Sc. Home Science (Food & Nutrition)|
|M.Sc. (Human Development)|
|B.Sc. Hons. Home Science|
|M.A. Home Science|
|B.Sc. Home Science|
|Pre-Ph.D. Coursework (Home Science)|
|Programme Name||Download Old Syllabus|
|M.A. Home Science (2022-23)|
- Library- Department of home science has a well-equipped library with a number of textbooks, reference books, journals, and many books covering the various aspects of food & nutrition along with books on home science. The library also has a collection of different magazines, current affairs, and competition books. English and Hindi newspapers are also available in the library. The library presently has an impressive stock of around 1000 books. New books are added to the library throughout the course of each academic session. The library staff is always available to assist students in finding material needed for their coursework and other related pursuits.
- Smart Classroom- The department also has smart classes with smart boards and projectors. For attaining the aim of contemporary teaching pedagogy all the modern facilities are available in the department.
- IT Infrastructure- Department has the facility of a computer lab taking care of the need of students for carrying out their research, articles, and teaching assignments. High-speed internet connectivity, Wi-Fi. Institute has a fully Wi-Fi-enabled campus.
- Career Counselling Sessions- Institute is providing regular career counseling to all the students with the help of experts.
- Faculty Rooms
- UNIVERSITY FACILITIES
Department students also have access to the university's Infrastructure facilities.
- Central Library - The University's library has a vast collection of books and journals catering to different areas of specialization in Economics.
- Health care center
- University computer center
- Guest house
- Women cell
- SC/ST cell
M.Sc. Food and Nutrition : Academic and Research institutions, Hospitals, Food Service Institutions and Industry as Food Analysts, Food Scientist and Research Officers. M.Sc. Human Development : The Programme would enable the graduate to work as teachers, researchers, coordinators, supervisors, programme planners in govt. and NGO/ agencies at national/ international level. Those having background in planning, evaluating, monitoring and organizing skills would be able to work as entrepreneurs and also play advocacy
Our students are well placed in organizations like unique WHO, VLCC, Govt. Hospitals, Lectures in various institutions, Food industries, and Quality controller with food processing industries.
Research & Publication
This page is being uploaded....
This page is being uploaded....
- Department is regularly involved in various social outreach activities like organizing nutritional awareness camps, distributed nutrition diet packages.
- Department has organized various nutritional camps. (on world heart day, anthropometric measurements, and diabetic camps).
- Twelve students of the department have been selected as lecturer in different colleges In the state.
- Thirteen students of the department have been appointed as dietitian in different hospitals in the state.
M.Sc. (Food & Nutrition)
No. of Seats : 30
M.Sc. (Human Development)
No. of Seats : 20
B.Sc. Hons. Home Science
No. of Seats : 60