Co-ordinator: Dr. Alka Tiwari Associate Professor, NAS College, Meerut.
The department of Fine art was established to provide advance training in Painting and upcoming art trends leading to the award of post-graduate degree. The training provided through the courses offered by the Department aims at bringing in the students the refinement of the perception and awareness of changing art scenario that is not just confined to the skills of profession alone, but to create the right kind of intellect where one can bring out a perfect personality of creativity and thought. With this kind of training, the students obtaining the post-graduate degree may become freelance artists, designers and visualisers. They would be qualified for various kinds of jobs like in publishing house, multimedia fields, teaching and research departments.
The department is currently offering the follwing programmes of study :
|Programme Name||Download New/ Revised Syllabus|
|Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A.) Drawing and Painting|
|Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Applied Arts|
|Pre-Ph.D. Coursework Fine Art/Drg. & Ptg.|
|Programme Name||Download Old Syllabus|
- Smart Classroom - The department also has smart classes with smart boards and projectors. For attaining the aim of contemporary teaching pedagogy all the modern facilities are available in the department.
- IT Infrastructure - Department has a computer through which we are taking care of the need of students for carrying out their research, articles, and teaching assignments. High-speed internet connectivity, Wi-Fi. Institute has a fully Wi-Fi-enabled campus.
- Career Counselling Sessions - Institute is providing regular career counseling to all the students with the help of experts.
- Faculty Rooms, Co-ordinator Room.
Today the opportunities in fine arts are increasing rapidly. Presently, youth in India are choosing this field to get high salaries, popularity, and prestige. Fine art graduates find career options in various fields such as art studios, advertising companies, publishing houses, product design, manufacturing departments, magazines, television, graphic arts, teaching, theater productions, and many other fields that are related to the art department.
Fine Art graduate candidates can get the job of Digital Designer, Graphic Designer, Artist Visualizing Professionals, Art Professional, Illustrator, Craft Artist, Animator, Lecturer, Art Museum Technician, Art Conservator, or Art Director.
Research & Publication
RESEARCH PAPERS IN PEER-REVIEWED JOURNALS
Name of Journal
Month & Year of Publication
|1||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||भारतीय संस्कृति व राजनीति में नारी||AJANTA AN INTERNATIONAL MULTIDICIPLINARY QUARTERLY RESEAECH JOURNAL||2022-06-01|
|2||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||भारतीय समकालीन कला की समीक्षा||THE JOURNAL OF THE MEERUT UNIVERSITY, HISTORY ALUMNI (MHUA)||2018-01-01|
|3||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||समकालीन भारतीय कला में महिला कलाकार||THE JOURNAL OF THE MEERUT UNIVERSITY, HISTORY ALUMNI (MHUA)||2016-01-01|
PUBLICATION PROFILE (OTHER THAN RESEARCH PAPERS)
Year of Publication
|1||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||संस्कृत वाड्मय: नारी चेतना||चित्रकला में नारी अंकन||2021-01-01|
|2||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला में धार्मिक संलयन||VISUAL ART: DRAWING & PAINTING, RGPG COLLEGE MEERUT /भारत में कुमाऊँनी लोक जीवन की आस्था||2020-01-01|
|3||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||रंगभूमि||YASH PUBLICATIONS / भारत में चित्रकला का सफ़र||2019-01-01|
|4||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला, संस्कृति और समाज||VISUAL ART: DRAWING & PAINTING, RGPG. COLLEGE MEERUT/ कला, चेतना और समाज||2016-01-01|
|5||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||PERSPECTIVE OF KNOWLEDGE||मानसी प्रकाशन / HIGHER EDUCATION IN ERA OF GLOBALIZATION||2016-01-01|
|6||Dr. Purnima Vashishtha||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला विविधा||भारतीय चित्रकला में भंग||2015-01-01|
|7||Dr. Shalini Dhama||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला में धार्मिक संयलन||पटचित्रों में धार्मिकता का अंकन||2020-00-00|
|8||Dr. Shalini Dhama||Chapter in an Edited Books||The Journal of the Meerut University History Alumni (MUHA)||भारतीय चित्रकला में प्रतीक||2016-00-00|
|9||Dr. Shalini Dhama||Chapter in an Edited Books||Perspective of Knowledge||A Reality Beyond Reality: Art||2016-00-00|
|10||Dr. Shalini Dhama||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला विविधा||अजंता एक कलात्मक मूल्यांकन||2015-00-00|
|11||Dr. Shalini Dhama||Chapter in an Edited Books||कला, संस्कृति एवं समाज||कला का सामजिक परिवेश||-|
This page is being uploaded....
- Department is regularly involved in various social outreach activities like Voting awareness campaigns, Save Environment, Beti-Bachao Beti-Padhao, Women Empowerment, and Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- Department has organized a Poster and Painting Exhibition. (on world health day, Sahid Diwas, Pulwama Day, Hindi Diwas, International Women's Day, Voters Day, etc).
- Ten students of the department have been selected as Teachers in different Institutes Inside or outside the state.
- Ten Students from the department Become Freelance Artists.
- Seven Students From the Department have there own Businesses.
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A) - Drawing & Painting
No. of Seats : 30
Master of Fine Arts (M.F.A) - Applied Art
No. of Seats : 30